Re: Europa-List: Fw: Drip trays =?UTF-8?Q?=3F=3F=3F?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fw: Drip trays =?UTF-8?Q?=3F=3F=3F?
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:01:14

Paul, Now I come to check it, the 2015 912 installation manual has a
drip tray clearly visible on the front cover picture and it is
referenced in the text, so not a peculiarity of the 914. David

On 2015-12-29 22:51, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:

> Paul, Drip trays came as standard with my 914 back in 2001, and I see that the
2015 914 installation manual still calls for them to be fitted and shows a
diagram
on p93. It could be that this relates to the high manifold pressure having
much greater liability to fuel leaks than the normally aspirated 912s. Have
to say I have never noticed any hint of a leak, but it could be of course that
the system vents it harmlessly out through the air vent, which would not have
been the case had it dropped on the exhaust!

> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>
> On 2015-12-29 17:35, Paul & Vanessa Munford wrote:

my Europa should be flying!!?? As ever - can you help ?
>> I see pictures & talk about carb' drip trays ( I have 912ULS -new) but can
>> find
no information on whether I need them? what they do
>> & why are they needed anyway ??? Also where do you get them & how do they
>> fit?
I cant find any mention of them in any Rotax or Europa literature ??