RE: Europa-List: Re: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Heavy duty starter for Rotax 914
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 12:33:41
Tim=2C
Thanks for the info. But which of the 23 batteries did you choose ?Cheers
=2CKarl

From: ward.t@xtra.co.nz
Date: Wed=2C 14 Oct 2015 20:15:49 +1300

Hi Roland=2CRotax 912s with original 912 starter is OK.What one needs is a
powerful battery.I had a Panasonic Battery and in winter it was no good.It
eventually caused the sprag clutch to need replacing.I was also going to up
grade to a more powerful starter.Due to my Classic engine frame I could not
 fit the new starter.So I put the original back and brought a Lithium IRON
battery used in Motorbikes.Powerful enough to turn over a 12tonne truck!I w
orked so well. No more winter problems on starting.Battery was the SHORAI P
OWER=0A
                =0A
        =0A
        =0A
                =0A
                        =0A
                                =0A
                                        See http://shoraipower.com

CHEERS=2C

TIM
=0A
                                =0A
                        =0A

Tim Ward12 Waiwetu StreetFendalton=2CChristchurch=2C  8052New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
Ph 64 3 3515166Mob 0210640221