RE: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller

Subject: RE: Europa-List: whats involved in fitting a wing leveller
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 09:34:08

Hi! Steve/All
I have a TruTrak Pictorial Pilot fitted in G-PTAG which functions great with
the Skyforce IIIc GPS.
I don't have pitch control since I prefer to keep that to myself!
The only bitch I have is that the Skyforce no longer "speaks" to my original
Navbox flight planning system therefore needing the route entered manually.
Probably due to using Virtual Machineware to accommodate a 64 bit lap top .

However I now, in tandem, use Sky Demon on a Mini i-pad, which runs parallel
and much more accurately than the Skyforce. Oh ! what a relief it would be
if the Sky Demon would "drive" the TruTrak too!
Mounting of the TruTrak servo was challenging as I am sure any servo in the
passenger left thigh support area would be.
Fixing the drive to the pitch control tube was also needing some ingenuity!
Also reinforcing the cut out to the passenger seating area was important.
But the whole issue is priceless especially in demanding conditions.
Regards
Bob Harrison. G-PTAG