Re: Europa-List: Re: Wrapping composite aircraft

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Wrapping composite aircraft
From: Alex Kaarsberg <kaarsberg@terra.com.br>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 20:08:54

A tip I learnt on mach .8 planes, stickers well placed and free from blisters,
edge seal with superglue- simply apply a thin bead along the edge of the
adhesive
and let it harden, or use an accelerator spray.

Alex Kaarsberg

> On 18/09/2015, at 18:16, pestar <peter@reivernet.com> wrote:
>

> On my DynAero MCR-4S, all the graphics are vinyl not painted.  Where the there
was a major colour ie white, light blue (underneath wings) - this was painted.

> While computer cut graphics give great flexibility in your design I caution
> you,
it is not how it looks after completion but how it looks in 4 years time.
Looking after vinyl graphics on a plane is a lot more difficult than looking
after paint, vinyl can get tatty, do not like being exposed to 120 knot winds
and do not have the same lustre finish as paint.