Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Takeoff technique and runway minima (trigear)
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 03:17:10

Hi Brian,

Interesting!

The reason I suggested CFD was that I had been told that one of the
first things David did on acquiring Europa was to obtain a high res 3D
laser scan model for CFD (and manufacturing).

As for my use of less flaps, that was based on my initial 40 hr flight
test program at KZPH in 2004. ZPH has long paved runways near SL.
Acceleration to 50 kt was faster with minimal flaps selected than half flaps.
This may have been impacted by my C.G. being rather forward and, having
just moved my main battery to the rear fuselage, I will reexamine the issue.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: