Europa-List: Fwd: partially completed Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Fwd: partially completed Europa
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 15:21:12

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
> Subject: partially completed Europa
> Date: August 5, 2015 at 12:43:29 PM PDT
> To: camdenyouthaviation@live.com
>
> IraI=99m out in the Pacific NW so don=99t feel I
can be of direct assistancenonetheless, I=99m in the
final stage of construction of a Europa XS mono wheel and perhaps I can
be of some bit of long distance, indirect assistance. I have a few
questions:

> - Is the donor available for consultation?
>
> - Can you be more specific when you say, =9Cpartially
completed=9D?

> - Did the original builder keep a log and is it available?was
there more than one builder?i.e., has the plane passed thru
other builders than the person who originally purchased the kit?

> - Have you inventoried the parts and categorized them as installed?,
assembled?, loose? still in packaging?

> - Do you have a complete kit including engine and fire wall forward?
>
> - Is your aircraft a =9CClassic=9D or a =9CXS=9D
 model Europa?

> - Do you have any photos you could send me?
>
> - Has your program built previous aircraft, and if so, what type?
>
> Just off the top of my head, I=99d say (and this is only a
personal opinion)  that the Europa, particularly the mono, is not a
suitable aircraft for primary flight training.