Europa-List: RE: Governor control cable

Subject: Europa-List: RE: Governor control cable
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 08:12:57
Hi John,
Yes, by all means send me some pics. My setup is for the whirlwind as well.
I especially want to know what kind of bracket you used to hold the cable
(near the governor) and how long the shaft is that connects up to the swivel
joint (I think I will have a tight turning radius). A few pics should answer
all my questions. I have a bracket for another common aircraft that is
supposed to work with the jihostroj, but it is not a good fit. It can be
modified however, but there appears to be a bracket built-in at the top of
the Rotax too that just might work, but I have not found any info on it
yet..it is in the approximate correct position to potentially hold the
cable.

I would also like a pic of where you placed the knob, and where the cabling
went through the firewall as well. The cabling might be stiff and I am not
sure I can get it to exit the top of the engine cage, similar to the
throttle and choke cables.
My intention is to use a lever, and not a vernier, but it is all similar,
except for the end. Vernier is the contingency plan if the lever doesn't
work well.
Thanks much in advance!
Greg Fuchs A050

  _____