Europa-List: Re: Charging System

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Charging System
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 13:32:27

Hi Bob.
Last time we posted was on fitting wheel bearings etc,
Well I have done the main wheel plus new tyres, It was well within my
capabilities,
however the nose wheel looks a bit more complicated, ??
My Electrics, just have the standard 18 amp generator on the rear of the engine,
the two wires to the G terminal on the regulator,
ie what my generator is putting out, is 13.5v at idle say 1800 rpm and 26v at
high
rpm say 4000 rpm, so to me this seems enough volts to charge the battery,
so the regulator looks more the problem,
I have never seen my panel voltmeter showing 13v even with all the avionics
switched
off,
A new regulator in the UK is about 87
So maybe the way for me to go is just fit a new one, at 69 and looking at my
finger,
my time is more important than the money.
Regards
Alan.

Read this topic online here: