Re: Europa-List: Holland

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Holland
From: John Heykoop <john.heykoop@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 03:16:49

Hi Graeme

Hilversum is a nice grass airfield just to the east of the Schiphol zone, and
there
are trains from the town of Hilversum to Amsterdam.

I have used Hilversum in the past and found it to be a very friendly airfield.
Keep a good lookout for traffic though, it can get busy around there, with
everybody
at 1000-1200 feet because of the proximity of the Schiphol zone.

Regards
John
Europa XS mono G-JHKP

> On 21 Jun 2015, at 18:22, graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Having fulfilled an ambition to get to Ireland, and having changed the
> radiator
after the small leak (thanks for the suggestions on that), I am now looking
to go east of Calais (FR)  preferably somewhere interesting in Holland. Would
be good if would be in reach of Amsterdam or a point of interest by train or
bus. Any suggestions/recommendations? I gather they are not all that supportive
of GA?

> Do UK folk or Dutch folk to the straight across route to East England coast or
cross the water at the shortest point? I seem to recall DJC saying he had some
fuel reading issues on a straight across trip.