Europa-List: Re: NG Tailplanes & Anti-Servo Trim Tabs

Subject: Europa-List: Re: NG Tailplanes & Anti-Servo Trim Tabs
From: Kelvin Weston <kelv@kdweston.biz>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 11:52:22

Hi Alan

Here is a photo of one of my tailplane / tab hinges.

The flange each hinge half attaches to is approx 20mm wide, just over the hinge
width.

With the trailing edge of the tailplane and trim tab aligned, the gap between
the
leading edge nose of the tab and the vertical web of the tailplane closeout
is approx 10mm. Remember the movement here will be much smaller than the 30mm
measured at the trailing edge.

The bottom flange of the tailplane is progressively trimmed back to just clear
the tab at full movement. I think Bud has given some suggestions before on
control
gaps. You have no filling to do so you can keep them a bit tighter.

Hope this helps.

--------
Regards

Kelv Weston