Re: Europa-List: Knowing the actual fuel level?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Knowing the actual fuel level?
From: david park <dpark748@icloud.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 23:16:42

Rick,
I have two capacitance senders for the original Europa fuel gauge, but never
been
reliable.
I submitted a mod to fit a dip stick in one of the holes but came unstuck when
LAA wanted a method of ensuring the cap could not be removed when tank full?
Dave

Sent from my iPad

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 8:16 pm, Rick Moss <Rkwmoss@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi all,
>
> My XS TG has an Avelec electronic fuel gauge, which is useful as a vague
> indication,
but little else. When it reads 54 litres (the highest it ever reads),
I can still put another 18 litres into the tank. It then reads 54 litres for
around
an hour of flight, before dropping in 2 litre increments in a plausible
manner.

> Bottom line: I only know accurately how much fuel I have when it's overflowing
or empty (excl reserve). Given that the tank can't be dipped, what are you chaps
using for fuel measurement?