Re: Europa-List: Optimum Battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Optimum Battery
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 17:14:03
Dave.

We use PC 680s. Cold wx or hot they work.  We change at 3 years if the batt
ery is overused=2C that is=2C massive loads and run down a lot.  Then it be
comes a shop battery..  5 years or more if kept cycled.  Battery / engine h
eaters are handy if below freezing.

Regards=2C
Bud Yerly
Custom Flight

david park <dpark748@icloud.com> wrote:

I have had a Odyssey Extreme 15  PC370 fitted for past two years and am loo
king to fit a new battery for the new season of hopefully longer European f
lights this summer.
The alternative Odyssey would seem to be the PC545 or the PC680.
My aircraft is all electric and have had one incident of an indication of l
ow voltage indicated by my comms Funkwerk radio.

Does any one with a greater experience of operating the Europa have any sug
gestions for optimum battery?

Regards Dave G-LDVO