RE: Europa-List: Lithium battery's

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Lithium battery's
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 09:29:34
Hi! Pete,

The first two worked satisfactorily for in excess of 10 years and were
only changed to a whim one has since failed but the other is still
holding charge to start my lawn mower (15 years) Not forgetting they had
some demanding requirements when operating the Jabiru 6 cylinder I think
about 1000 hours total to removal from the aircraft indicates that
chance of failure is remote so no arrangements have been made about the
worries you promote. It does have a =9CCrowbar over voltage
protection fuse in the alternator circuit=9D.

They are gel batteries so don=99t suffer swishing of liquids to
erode plates. I would want such as Lithium type to be very proven before
flying with them as an experiment. ( all statements are made in my
novice opinion!)

Regards and best wishes to all

For Christmas and onwards into 2015,

Bob Harrison  G-PTAG