Europa-List: Re: Electrical bonding

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Electrical bonding
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:47:33
Hello everyone,

I documented my incident on my WEB site http://www.europa.net.nz/363/
If you go to the left hand side of the page and expand open the
=9CFlying Experiences=9D tab you find a page titled
=9CA Lightning Strike=9D

As to adding discharge wicks, it my understanding that for certified
aircraft they statically charge the aircraft and map the field. From
this they determine the ideal locations for wicks. I guess if you added
your own wicks you can=99t make things worse but on the other hand
it might not accomplish much either.

It is my understanding that the addition of mesh in the structure is for
a different purpose. It is to provide areas to dissipate lightning
strike should one occur.

I don=99t have firsthand experience so I=99m happy to be
corrected on the above.

Paul