Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Mod 60 Europa Fuel Gauge
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 22:38:20
Only snag with Capacitance probe is the reading depends on the density of t
he fuel. =0AIt also depends how carefully the probe is bent. Not very robus
t.=0AIt will give different readings with Avgas.=0AFloat with reed switches
 is the most accurate.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A_____________________________
___=0A From: Clive Sutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matr
onics.com =0ASent: Thursday, 30 October 2014, 19:28=0ASubject: Europa-List:
Clive Sutton" <clive.maf@googlemail.com>=0A=0AHello Alan,=0AI did MOD60 on
my last Europa and used the Airworld capacitance probe bent and cut to leng
th through a new hole near the RH seat headrest.- 3 reasons for choosing
the capacitance probe:- 1) i think it and the supplied gauge are more acc
urate than the float type, 2) if i ever got water in the tank the capacitan
ce gauge would go full scale - so an indication in all circumstances other
than 'just filled up with fuel' - that water may be present and 3) i alread
y had the float type in the LHS of the tank as well - AND the manometer qua
ntity indicator - so I had several sources of info to cross-check with - ye
s i'm paranoid about the shame of inadvertently running out of fuel!- Bas
ed on that experience, if i had to choose one method, I'd choose the capaci
tance probe.- =0AClive=0A=0A=0A=0A=0ARead this topic online here:=0A=0Aht
tp://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=432573#432573=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A