Re: Europa-List: Re: Ground/earth

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Ground/earth
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 12:17:28
The jack shields should be only connected to the radio ground - at the
radio, as well as the jack common terminal - as shown in the trig
diagrams.  The jack common terminal must not be grounded to any other
ground or a loop will result, with possible nasty effects. (if in my case
the jacks are mounted in a metal airframe, they must be isolated from the
airframe using insulating washers).

IMHO, YMMV, "works for me" :-)

Cheers,
Pete