Europa-List: Minimum CHT

Subject: Europa-List: Minimum CHT
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey.richard@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 03:40:17

This subject has come up before, but still no clear answer...  minimum CHT.  The
other day, cruising at 9500' over the Great Rift Valley in Kenya, in Europa
5Y-LRY (Classic, Mono, 912 UL, 15 years old, 650 hours), the CHT was down at 55
C.  I have very efficient radiators made by Docking Engineering at Silverstone,
but never saw the coolant at this low temp.  I use to blank off from time
to time, but then in the hot desert areas it goes up a bit higher, eg 110 C, so
I have to cater for all Kenya  conditions.  At 55 C it ran sweetly.  Rotax info
tells me that the normal is 75 C to 110 C.  Is any damage done at lower temps?
Richard, 5y-LRY, Kenya.

Read this topic online here: