Re: Europa-List: tailwheel pivot spiral pin

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tailwheel pivot spiral pin
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 15:25:26
Rowland=0Ayou should have a Y shaped part which stops the tailwheel over ro
tating, so the pin is overkill.=0AThe pins usually break on the first minor
 excursion anyway.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________
=0A From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>=0ATo: Europa e-mail list
 list <europa-list@matronics.com> =0ASent: Wednesday, 1 October 2014, 14:59
=0ASubject: Europa-List: tailwheel pivot spiral pin=0A =0A=0A--> Europa-Lis
t message posted by: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>=0A=0AI
=99m getting the tailwheel parts ready to assemble and have noticed a discr
epancy between my paper manual (chapter 32, page 11, issue 1) and the PDF I
 downloaded from the Europa factory website (chapter 32, page 11, issue 4).
=0A=0AMy paper manual show a Spirol pin part # 45284 inserted opposite the
grease nipple and acting as a limit stop in the semi-circumferential slot i
n the tailwheel fork. The PDF does not show or mention this at all.=0A=0ADo
es anyone know if this is another misprint or if the pin is no longer deeme
d necessary? Are there downsides to installing it if it=99s not neede
d? I can see that leaving it out makes it theoretically possible in some so
rt of extreme situation for the tailwheel to rotate too far and get the cab
les crossed.=0A=0ABTW I=99m installing the Graham Singleton pushrod r
udder drive, if that makes any difference.=0A=0AAll comments (except for si
lly ones ;-) ) welcome!=0A=0Ain friendship=0A=0ARowland=0A=0A| Rowland Cars
on=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...=0A|
<rowlandcarson@gmail.com>=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- http://w
ww.rowlandcarson.org.uk=0A| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson=C2- =C2- =C2
- Facebook: Rowland Carson=0A| pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/rowl
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List
=======