Europa-List: C of G

Subject: Europa-List: C of G
From: f.kyle@sympatico.ca
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 14:38:43
Good day

I'm having catnips about the Above topic. The thing is, the C of G is too
far back. Because I opted for the 914 and a heavier prop (many Canadian
strips are in the woods), I attempted to counter this extra forward moment
by early digital dials and accepting extra weights aft - at the expense of
some performance in cruise.

     I did not add much to the aft weights mainly because of the large arm
but was stunned to find it tail heavy. For this reason I appeal to early 914
mono drivers who have extended the tail wheel per the mod.

      The extended arm prompted me to apply to the master who painted her to
see if perhaps there were fifty coats on her back. To that end, I have
detached and weighed each stab: port = 12.0 lb, starboard = 11.8.

       If you have the above configuration Europa, and can handily measure
the stabs, (or have such figures on record) I would  appreciate the details.
It might hint at a possible cause. Funny thing is, if  I applied the 63lb
tail weight to the arm which  applies to the original tailwheel site under
the stabs, the C ofG is happy....