Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query

Subject: Europa-List: Shielded Strobe Light Query
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:40:21

Gidday,
I am using AveoflashLP Ultra Aurora Nav/Strobe lights, that have their flasher
units within the lights. There is 4 cables coming from each strobe, and to get
quad core shielded is very hard, and expensive. The suppliers dont mention in
their installation documentation that you need shielded wiring, and yet when
pushed, they do. I am wondering if I just shield the positive cable, or whether
I need to also shield the negative/earth, and the phase wire which goes to each
strobe to keep them synchronised. Id be interested on what anyone thinks,
and in fact whether shielding them all together could introduce a specific
problem
rather than just having one or two of the wires shielded.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie