Re: Europa-List: Flap Actuator Load Calcs.....how do I do it??

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap Actuator Load Calcs.....how do I do it??
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 11:43:50
Tony=0Athe air load on the flaps is (almost completely) balanced, so the lo
ad=0Aon the flap lever is very low. Monowheel drivers will know that it tak
es=0Avery little effort to move the flap in flight, the only disturbance to
 this is the weight of the wheel which=0Ais balanced by the shock chord.=0A
Graham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A From: Tony Renshaw
 <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0ATo: "<europa-list@matronics.com>" <europa-lis
t@matronics.com> =0ASent: Saturday, 14 June 2014, 0:42=0ASubject: Europa-Li
st: Flap Actuator Load Calcs.....how do I do it??=0A =0A=0A--> Europa-List
message posted by: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0A=0AGidday=0AMy
 electric flap actuator can take a 110 lb dynamic load, and a 500 lb static
 load. I want to know how to work out the dynamic load on the flap at max f
lap limit speed. If I can work out the area of my flaps, and know the full
flap deflection angle, and limit speed, does anyone know how to calculate t
he force to drive the flaps to their extended position?=0AThanks=0ATony Ren
=