Re: Europa-List: SkyYiew antenna

Subject: Re: Europa-List: SkyYiew antenna
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 13:58:11
Hi Fred

I have got my gps module mounted into a recess on the tip of my instrument p
anel. I have also got my garmin 296 gps antenna mounted in a similar positio
n.

I don't have any problems with them being mounted here or have any problems w
ith them being located close to each other.

See photos attached showing mine incorporated into the top of my instrument p
anel.

Kind regards
Donald
G-PUPY ( awaiting LAA paperwork to allow test flying)

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Jun 2014, at 00:30, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:

> I=99ve been advised that a garmin instrument technician sez that it i
s optimal to have the gps antenna a good distance (he said 18 inches) away f
rom other gps antennas as well as the electronics and instruments.

> Anyone flying w/ SkyView SV-250-GPS module installed?if so, I
=99m curious as to where you=99ve installed your SV-250 module, and if
 performance is acceptable; if not, where are you planning to relocate it
?

=========
=========
=========