Europa-List: Re: Noisy Comm Radio

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Noisy Comm Radio
From: Bill &amp; Sue <Billandsue@billbell.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 02:33:32

Troy,

I had a similar problem with my a200/sigtronics/rotax setup - a loud rough whine
on transmit- and it was the earthing.  I was pretty certain it was the earthing
but it took a couple of attempts to find the culprit- it may not be the radio
earth itself, in fact your description sounds as though the radio earth is
OK, poor power earths can induce the noise  too. Good luck!
I'm not sure about the reception side of your problem other than my A200
sometimes
seems a bit deaf and other times is fine - I never did entirely resolve this
but I suspect it may be sensitive to stations slightly off frequency.

Regards

Bill

Read this topic online here: