Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Motorglider wings
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:34:48
David,=0ANot sure how SmartASS is installed, is it tee'd into the ASI?=0ATr
ouble with the ASI is it tells you what has happened anything up to 20 seco
nds after=0Athe cause of the event (loss of speed) occured.=0AThe stall war
ner gives you an instant warning of change of AoA, and that's what matters.
=0ABy the time the ASI has told you you're stalling, you already have. =0AA
oA tells you it's going to happen if you don't do something quickly, (get t
he nose down).=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A F
rom: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.co
m =0ASent: Thursday, 6 February 2014, 22:22=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Mot
avidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>=0A=0AIan, I wonder whether a SmartASS would possi
bly be considered as an acceptable stall warner. It is in my experience a c
onsiderably more effective tool than the Europa stall warner, (having flown
 with both now for a couple of years), and much easier to fit. It has in ad
dition a wheels up warning which sounds if you slow to approach speed witho
ut putting gear down. It is currently out of production (at Smart Avionics)
 but Mark Burton is hoping to launch a new improved version in the next few
 months.=0ARegards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ=0A=0A=0AOn Thu, 6 Feb 2014 21:59:02
 For- Info=0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> From: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.co
m=0A> [mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Behalf Of Alan Twi
gg=0A> Sent: 06 February 2014 18:03=0A> To: Europa list=0A> Subject: Europa
-List: Motorglider wings=0A> =0A> =0A> =0A> Making great progress after a d
elay over Christmas. Drag pin spacers fitted=0A> and glassed; Lift and Drag
 fittings going on in next two days then off to=0A> the paintshop.=0A> =0A>
 Having a gliding instructor job, I have so much spare time with all this
=0A> wind and rain in the UK, I must be one of the few with anything positi
ve to=0A> come out of it.=0A> =0A> The poor souls in Somerset are flooded o
ut, the South Coast rail line to=0A> Cornwall is washed away and still it c