Re: Europa-List: Bulkhead Material

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Bulkhead Material
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:54:48
Tony=0Anot sure what you are trying to achieve. I always made the fairings
press lightly against the fuselage=0Aso that there was no gap, and made the
m flexible enough to move with the bending of the wing.=0AAlso filled the f
uslage around the edges of the fillets to give a smooth transition from fil
let=0Ato fuselage.=0AGraham=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________
=0A From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matroni
cs.com; Bob Borger <rlborger@mac.com> =0ASent: Thursday, 9 January 2014, 4:
04=0ASubject: Re: Europa-List: Bulkhead Material=0A =0A=0A=0AThanks for the
 tips. I=99ll try not to poison myself ;-)=0ATony R=0A=0A=0AOn 9 Jan
2014, at 1:39 pm, Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com> wrote:=0A=0ATony,=0A>=0A
>=0A>Polyurethane rigid foam sheet is usually what is used for bulkheads, e
tc. =C2-Probably 1/8 or 1/4 inch thick. =C2-It is extremely easy to sha
pe with hand tools (saw, knife, abrasives, etc.), but do not hot-wire as it
 produces cyanide gas when vaporized.=0A>=0A>=0A>If you can not get the thi
ckness material you need from ACS, you can try McMaster-Carr. =C2-Shippin
g weight for the material isn=99t an issue but packaging bulk is.=0A>
=0A>=0A>Blue skies & tailwinds,=0A>Bob Borger=0A>Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914,
=C2-Airmaster C/S Prop (50 hrs).=0A>Little Toot Sport Biplane,=C2-Lycom
ing Thunderbolt AEIO-320=C2-EXP=0A>3705 Lynchburg Dr.=0A>Corinth, TX =C2
-76208-5331=0A>Cel: 817-992-1117=0A>rlborger@mac.com=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>=0A>O
n Jan 8, 2014, at 5:29 AM, Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw268@gmail.com> wrote:
=0A>=0A>Hi,=C2-Can someone please remind me of the name of a material I c
an buy from ACS that can be used as a substrate for a small reinforcement b
ulkhead within a wing fairing? I don't mean foam, if someone with a sense o
f humour might suggest, but something cloth on both sides will stick to,wel
l,,and ideally is only 1/8-1/4" in thickness.=0A>Thanks in anticipation.=0A
>Regards=0A>Tony Renshaw.=0A>P.S. It's just dawned on me, we have used bals
a as such a medium, but I think there is a purpose specific board.=C2-=0A
//www.buildersbooks.com/">www.buildersbooks.com=0Ahref="http://www.homebu
ilthelp.com/">www.homebuilthelp.com=0Ahref="http://www.mypilotstore.com/";
ef="http://www.matronics.com/contribution";>http://www.matronics.com/contr
ibution=0Ahref="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List";>http://ww