Re: Europa-List: Inline pass thru headphone jack.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Inline pass thru headphone jack.
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 16:18:52

The easiest way is to stick an electret microphone inside the earcup
with some glue or tape, and use an ordinary digital recorder. I've
done it this way for years and has worked flawlessly. Since I fly many
different aircraft as an instructor I don't have the luxury of
modifying the intercom system. One time I tried tee-ing off the
headset audio line, but the impedance mismatch required some extra
circuitry, so it became too complicated.