Re: Europa-List: Mono dolly

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono dolly
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:29:32

Mike, I have a great dolly which was manufactured by Roger
Targett, which holds my plane perfectly for rigging and
being height adjustable, it also allows the U/C to be
raised & lowered for work on Tyres, Brakes & wheel arch.
It depends on a strong fibreglass splash moulding of the
lower fuselage from the firewall back a couple of feet
with a cut out for the U/C, which is lined with soft
material for the fus to sit in, and it is through bolted
to the fuselage to nuts bonded into the hull. The whole
thing fixes into the covered trailer for transport. I will
send you pictures in the next 2/7. Roger did this as a one
off but it would be within the competence of many,
possibly most builders to make something similar.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ