Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem
From: pooh <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 09:17:27
=0AHi Alan,=0AJust for your information,  Arplast do not recom
mend operating the pitch change whilst the prop is stationary.
  Too much load on its little motor.=0AOne further point f
or Jim.  There are at least two different auto controllers
for the PV50.  One is from Smart Avionics and the other
is from Arplast themselves.  So if you are trying for info
rmation you need to know which controller you have.  As th
e person who probably fitted your controller, Gerry can probab
ly advise which one you have.=0APete=0APS I have used PV50 n
ow for about 1500 hours.  During that time i have changed
two motors that went dead. I only have the manual control
switch for it and find prop control very easy effective and
reliable.  The only down side to manual as opposed to auto
 control is that you do not have overspeed protection for
your engine.=0A =0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: owner-europa-list-
server@matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com] On Be
half Of Alan Carter=0ASent: 09 November 2013 10:07=0ATo: europa-
list@matronics.com=0ASubject: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem=0A
lancarteresq@onetel.net>=0A =0AHi All.=0AI have a PV 50, an a
small problem ,I think but not sure yet, may be normal fun
ctionality .=0AHowever in manual mode with the +/_ switch engi
ne stationary on the ground I can see the blades change an
gle from fine to coarse, if you don,t want constant speed
control in flight you can set this mode.=0AI have spoken to
Smart electronics, and plan to send my unit to them for Fr
ee updating of the soft wear which has the new Take off
mode setting.=0AHe just said sent =C3=82=C2=A310 to cover the
return postage and packing, very nice helpful chap.=0ARegards.=0AA
lan=0A =0A =0A =0A =0ARead this topic online here:=0A =0Ahttp:
//forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=412568#412568=0A =0A =0A =0A =0A
===========================
-=
===========================
===========================
===========================
=========================0A =0A
 =0A=0A=0A=0A=0A-----Original Message-----=0AFrom: g-fizy <jim.davis1@me
.com>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 10:46=0A
Subject: Europa-List: Re: airplast pv50 problem=0A=0A=0A--> Europa-L
ist message posted by: "g-fizy" <jim.davis1@me.com>Thanks for y
our replies :-)eter "as soon as i can i will be trying
out your very help full list and i will ost my findings
"lan"mine does not move when i do that ,so Peter maybe
right my motor may have ailed "evin ,I am interested i
n the controller you have picked ,as i would rather just
ave a simple switch ,like i have seen on some europa aircr
aft--------wner g-fizyead this topic online here:htt
===========================
===========================
==-=-=       -- Please Support Your Lists
This Month ---=           (And Get Some AWE
SOME FREE Gifts!)-=-=   November is the Annual List
Fund Raiser.  Click on-=   the Contribution link below
to find out more about-=   this year's Terrific Free
Incentive Gifts provided-=   by:-=   -=
 * AeroElectric www.aeroelectric.com-=     * The Builde
r's Bookstore www.buildersbooks.com-=     * HomebuiltHELP
www.homebuilthelp.com-=     * My Pilot Store www.mypilots
tore.com-=     * Race Consulting www.mrrace.com-=-=
   List Contribution Web Site:-=-=   --> http://ww
w.matronics.com/contribution-=-=   Thank you for your ge
nerous support!-=-=
             -Matt Dralle, List Admin.-=
-===========================
===========================
======-=          - The Europa-List E
mail Forum --= Use the Matronics List Features Navigator
to browse-= the many List utilities such as List Un/Subsc
ription,-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, F
AQ,-= Photoshare, and much much more:-=-=   -->
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List-=-========
               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!-
=-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com-=-======
=0A=0A