Europa-List: Fuel tank fluorination

Subject: Europa-List: Fuel tank fluorination
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 13:28:35

This is for builders in the U.S or Canada who have not bonded their
tanks yet. I am planning on sending my tank for additional
fluorination treatment prior to install. The cost is a mere $35/tank,
but the minimum charge is $425, so I am looking for anyone interested
in joining in the fun.

Although the newer Europa tanks are supposedly fluorinated, the
consensus seems to be that they are not done to the same level as
automotive tanks. There have been a number of scary stories and
pictures of swelling/splitting tanks and leaks, so the hope is that
one could avoid this catastrophe by spending the extra time and money
before the install.

The company is http://inhanceproducts.com/ (formerly fluoroseal). You
can look it up if you like.

Anyone interested please contact me. The idea is, you would clean and
bag the tank and ship it to me. I will drive them over to the vendor
in Columbus, OH, and then ship them back to you when they are done.
Obviously, I am not providing any guarantees of the process or any
assurances that it will even work. The vendor also says that if the
tank is not spotlessly clean, it can destroy the whole tank., so there
is some risks as well.

On the other hand, I would also appreciate hearing from anyone who has
done fluorination on their tanks, and have any thoughts on this
process.