Europa-List: A Europa re-born G-EINI

Subject: Europa-List: A Europa re-born G-EINI
From: K BURNS <kjburns@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 02:50:20
At 3 pm today G-EINI, found her place in the autumnal sky over Husbands Bos
worth, she is only-2 LBs heavier than when first built despite the additi
onal Tri-Gear , (I have also dropped 2 and 3/4 stone while removing all the
 old paint and excess-filler).=0A-=0AWe chose grass option (27)due to t
he cross wind, and at 5lb less than gross lifted off without complaint, she
 flies delightfully, fully co-ordinated, with hands free flight showing a b
eautifully balanced aircraft...no trim tabs needed here (I have a bucket fu
ll of the ones we removed when setting up the aircraft).=0A-=0AThe engine
 is still tight with only 2 hours total running time on it so we were gentl
e with the test schedule preferring to cruise climb to 3500 ft and check st
all characteristics, stall buffet is gentle but noticeable -, and flaps
-are free of -any adverse- roll effects,-43 knots clean -and the
right wing dropped first-, but with a nice rumble first.=0A-=0AVentilat
ion could have been better, new door seals and closure panels leave little
exit air, and the carpets were not fully dry..I was a bit warm too ! so mis
ting on my screens had to be kept clear.=0A-=0ARain was approaching from
the west as an hour in the air approached so we chose the wide and long opt
ion of the grass 27 (winch cables gone for the approaching weather) , and
- made a high brisk approach of 75 Knots over the hedge to put us nicely
down floating over the cross track next to the launch point bus.=0A-=0ABa
ck to the Hanger, cowls off, a good once over and tweak a couple of avionic
s issues ..fish and chip supper and check the weather for tomorrow's flight
 testing , cant believe were flying !=0A-=0AMany thanks to Richard Kilham
, Mentor and inspector (and test pilot)-from EES Aviation, for his valuab
le contribution and enthusiasm for this project.=0A-=0ATo all at the Sywe
ll show, I said two weeks to finish...I was right ..two weeks for the jobs
on my list...I managed to find another 6 weeks of jobs to do as well !=0A
-=0AKevin.