Europa-List: Re: Fan Panel, maybe helpfull to those who are not builders

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fan Panel, maybe helpfull to those who are not builders
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 03:02:38

Hi All.
Thanks for your kind words Fred, but I am not doing much flying at the moment
,
INPORTATANT.
I have had a couple of e-mails asking about cutting the hole in the top of the
instrument panel.
I would not like anybody to damage there aircraft so be careful, your hand will
rub again the windscreen when cutting and even a small fragment on your skin
will mark the perspecs of the screen.
So protect the area with a piece of cardboard , and use a good light to see what
you are doing.
use a Tool of you choice, but a simple half hack saw blade will do, rub back and
forth will slowly penetrate the surface, once through its cut easy.
Remember to cut with the saw teeth on the pulling stroke,
Remember to  keep the blade very shallow angle, as you don't want to cut
anything
that you can not see on the other side of the panel.
Its easy to do ,just a bit slow,

If you wanted and felt confident you could loosen and move the whole instrument
panel forward an inch or two, but I managed without doing this
OK.
Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: