RE: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Battery questions
From: m.j.gregory@talk21.com
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 21:55:10

Alan,

Perhaps I did not make it clear that it was Ivan's point to insist that the
pitch trim should remain live if you had to switch off the master switch,
e.g. because of fumes in the cockpit, and he wanted to ensure that you did
not have to fight high stick forces while trying to concentrate on landing.
There is of course nothing to stop you switching off the trim and any other
still live circuits once you are committed to a forced landing and are
making the final approach.

If you have one pump being fed directly from the alternator and the other
---From the bus bar, then they will both run when the engine is running
regardless of whether the alternator switch is closed or open. You can then
turn off the master switch connecting the bus to the battery, and you should
find that the pump fed by the alternator remains running while the other
stops. This is as close as you can get to independent power supplies for
essential services when you have just one battery and one alternator.

Regards,

Mike