Europa-List: Re: fuel level sensor under the headrest

Subject: Europa-List: Re: fuel level sensor under the headrest
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 10:12:12

if its the airworld one; mine did leak slightly when the tank was up to the
filler.
I got in a right pickle when sorting it; forgetting (alter applying gue)
that the five holes have to align, in sender, gasket, tank and nut ring because
although they appear equi-distant they are actually on three different pitches.
I also dropped the ring nut into the tank and a screw (plonker).
If I had to do it again, I would buy 5 longer screws and replace the them one at
a time allowing the sender and gasket to be lifted and a small amount of sealer
to be applied from around the top. When replacing the with the right length
screws I would add a small blob to each to seal the clearance hole and thread.
Sealer is not required in the tank.

Also you should be aware that because of the tank shape the gauge will read non
linearly and half full will be twenty something liters.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W