Re: Europa-List: ADI on android

Subject: Re: Europa-List: ADI on android
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 18:50:29
I agree fully with Frans. For a real horizon which will remain valid during c
onstant rate turns etc. I would suggest Levil Technology's AHRS-Gmini  with a
ir data (which I have tested satisfactorily over about 60 hours), or other A
HRS units now on the market which integrate magnetometers and air data to au
gment and cross check their gyro and accel parameters. Add a tablet wireless
ly and one has a pretty good back-up six pack. Add software like Xavion (fro
m the creator of x-plane), and the capabilities for emergencies situations q
uickly grow.

Fwiw,
Cheers
Pete
A239

> On Oct 6, 2013, at 6:27 PM, Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl> wrote:
>
> Most of these things are a joke. They measure the direction of gravity so o
n the ground they appear to work, but while pulling G's they show the wrong t
hing. Even when implemented correctly you have the problem that solid state g
yros have a very high drift. They work only a few minutes if they are not co
rrected by some external reference, like a GPS signal. And that makes them p
retty useless.

> Frans
>
> Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Graeme,
>>
>> A friend of mine showed me his new Samsung with Android, and an app which
 cost $ 1.87 and it is an attitude indicator. I thought it was absolutely am
azing, very sharp resolution and instant response. Stick it on your instrume
nt panel and away you go.

>> Karl
>>

>> > Subject: Europa-List: ADI on android
>> > From: graeme@gdbmk.co.uk
>> > Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2013 13:23:57 -0700
>> > To: europa-list@matronics.com
>> >

>> > Ive just installed skydemon on a new nexus7 with the PFLARM, I noticed t
hough the tablet incorporates, as well as a high spec GPS; a magnetometer, a
ccelerometer, and gyro. It would appear to have the essentials for an Attitu
de indicator and a good deal more, I wondered if anyone has been running a a
ttitude good a pp on a similar tablet or phone.

=========
=========
=========
=========