Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....thanks

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Sub Panels....thanks
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:54:14

Hi Tony.
My panel which I did not build has the six main instruments in a sub panel
secured
by six screws, the chap who built it did not use anchor bolts, when I try
to remove the panel, the screws just went round and round, a nice sub panel that
you can't remove, just my luck.
However if I ever get it off there is always the opportunity of hinging it from
the bottom, provided they is the clearance for the instruments as they rotate
through the 90 degrees,?
I see some postings of all electric panels on the forum, but I can not see any
room to mount the stand by vacuum driven instrument, the minimum would be a Turn
and Slip, Altimeter and Compass to maintain control if you are very very good
,just the last two but only in calm air.
You could have Main Electric instruments and battery electric standby, say an
ipad
horizon, but in flight some strange things can happen, so I would not rely
on this and use vacuum for stand by.
VFR is the rule , but there could be a time when circumstances put you in cloud
or on top of cloud, and without instruments in cloud or over the sea in poor
visibilty I know you would be out of control within less than 3 minutes.
I would have thought the LAA would have something laid out on just what you must
have,???
Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: