Europa-List: Dawn to Dusk Challenge

Subject: Europa-List: Dawn to Dusk Challenge
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 18:52:31

I am planning an attack on the all time distance record
for the D2D Challenge on Sunday if the weather turns out
as good as currently forecast. It stands at 2500nm
currently, and I calculate that a figure of 8 round UK,
Hebrides Orkney & Shetland mainlands and Ireland will do
the trick! It will need rather a long time in the air
averaging 150kts, but if the weather Gods smile and the
donkey keeps going it might just be possible. Plan to fly
it atFL95 apart from the lower level bit round SE England.
     Regards, David Joyce G-XSDJ (mono 914 Woodcomp
SR3000W + purpose built, LAA approved 100litre long range
tank)
PS the 3 planes at the top of the distance record list
are:
  1 Beech Baron;
2. Mooney;
3. Hawk Jet!!