Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins

Subject: Europa-List: Re: wing lift/drag pins
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:01:49

Hi Graham.
I understand a little in what you a saying.
In the tail slip the wing is falling backwards to normal  flight condition.
The pin would stop the wing from pulling out.

But in normal level flight i see this bar in compression.
At this moment in time, i just can not see how you would get a forward force.

I find Europa.s notes mentioning words like "tie bar",
but i find many of Europa,s notes not to clear as to exactly what the situation
is.

I think this bar is say, in compression 90% of the time and 10% in tension some
of the time, hence the pin.
But what the hell do i know, but im not giving up yet.

Need a little micro transducer between the front wing root to see which the bios
is.

Best Regards.
Alan

Read this topic online here: