Re: Europa-List: Routing to and from Duxford

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Routing to and from Duxford
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:44:19
Svein,

Your routing to Duxford is good and you will just have to stay below the Lon
don TMA which is sometimes as low as 2000 ft on your route. No need to talk t
o London/Heathrow but if you wanted you could talk to either Farnborough Nor
th or Essex Radar.

As for the Duxford/Bembridge flight you could route south to BPK, staying be
low the London TMA at 2500 ft then route west and south around the Heathrow z
one. If you talked to Farnborough North and Farnborough West they would almo
st certainly allow you to route overhead Farnborough. The route is then stra
ightforward south to Bembridge. Don't forget to PPR them as per their websit
e.

David Watts G-BXDY

On 22 Jun 2013, at 08:04, "Sidsel & Svein Johnsen" <sidsel.svein@oslo.online
.no> wrote:

> My long planned flight to the Europa event at Popham was very regrettably c
ancelled due to bad weather forecast en route from Norway.

> But clear skies are definitely ahead!  Stephan and I are planning to fly o
ur Europas to Duxford EGSU for the big event in mid-July (arriving Friday, l
eaving Monday to avoid the worst traffic, parking & hotel reservations are a
lready made).

> Coming across the Channel at Dover, it looks straight-forward to fly clear
 of Stansted CTR/CTA to the east and later north.  How about London TMA, any
 special issues to be aware of?

> After Duxford, we plan to fly to Bembridge EGHJ on Isle of Wight.  What wo
uld be a good route to follow on this leg?

> We will be very grateful for any good advice.
>
> To those of you having made it to Popham/doing the preflight inspection no
w to fly there:  Enjoy the day!

=========
=========
=========