Europa-List: Re: Back up instruments

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Back up instruments
From: Europaul383 <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:35:46

I have a Skyview too and bought the 2 1/4 ASI from Europa (because it comes
with the white, green & yellow arcs & Vne red line already marked); and the 2
1/4 Winter 0-5,000 Alti from Transair
http://www.transair.co.uk/sp+Winter-Instruments-Altimeters-Winter-Altimeter-Single-Needle-Millibar-Scale+1018

They will both fit neatly above and to the right of the 7" Skyview.

I know some recommend the 1 1/2 turn ASI to give greater resolution at low
airspeeds,
but the Skyview is my PFD and if that failed in flight I'd be looking out
below about 60 kt.

Likewise, the Alti I bought only reads to 5,000 ft on one turn, but if I can't
figure in VMC whether I'm at, say, 2,000 or 7,000 ft, then I have no business
in the top left hand corner of any aircraft...  [Wink]

HTH

Paul M
383
Mono XS 912S