Europa-List: fuel flow and return line status

Subject: Europa-List: fuel flow and return line status
From: glenn rainey <nimbusaviation@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:37:26

In respect of recent posts on omitting the return fuel line transducer - a
related
issue is what is happening in that line. We had been operating 'merrily' for
maybe a year or more with ZERO return flow due to unknown complete blockage
of FS02 restrictor. Not an ideal situation! After this was discovered during
our belated 5 year swap-out of all the hose, we got to thinking that monitoring
flow in this line would be a good idea, if perhaps the non-zero rate from return
transducer could be displayed, or checked in preflight?

>From rotax agent comes an easier solution - watch for a rapid drop in fuel
>pressure
after engine shutdown, not seen if FS02 is blocked. Apologies to all who
already know this.

Just yesterday visited with former europa man Jos Okhuijsen in remote N. Finland
- thanks for your hospitality Jos, and for educating me some more!

Glenn Rainey
G-OJHL
Cumbernauld, Scotland