Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Heavy Landing on Tri Gear.
From: Alan Carter <alancarteresq@onetel.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:48:38

Hello Roland.
Well that,s interesting,, Having done 10000 hours instructing i had a reasonable
idea of what a heavy landing was like, even then only the odd one may have
slipped
through where you really felt it.
My aeroplane has had two previous owner so i don,t know what sort of life it had
before me, and i did not know what you would call a heavy landing in a Home
built aeroplane at that time, But now having seen some Europa landings i can say
i never have made a bad landing,
Don,t know if its true but SOME SAY the engine mounts will go before the
undercarriage
goes. Yes i love Top Gear. Clarkson for Prime Minster .
And the same as you have polished the plane all over i did not see it then, but
i guess it could have been there but i don,t think so.
Since discovering it i have made many more landing without incident but the
crease
is still there. My plane is a Mono /Tri Conversion.
Just out of interest don,t ask me why, I find Flapless landings are much better
for the plane on rough bumpy runways, need the runway lenght, and a airfield
you know,   well it works for me, give it a try and let me know.
Fitting clamps at the moment so the tailplane in bits.
Regards
Alan

Read this topic online here: