Europa-List: Update on europe travel process required

Subject: Europa-List: Update on europe travel process required
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 01:41:33

So, 1st permit renew done (when paperwork arrives) now planning:
Its been a while since I crossed to France, can anyone confirm:
a) log flight plan with AFPEX, and wait for code
b) I can fly from a strip so long as I land at a French customs airfield
c) I need to take a PLB (GPS yellow hand held thing)
d) I presume I will be able to file a Flight plan from France for the return the
old way or is that AFPEX again?
e) I can fly direct to a strip in the UK so long as I give Customs 24 hour
notice
an a time (used to be the case)
f) I guess I need to take a bunch of paperwork, radio licence, permit, insurance
etc

Do I need to get permission to land a LAA permit plane?

Thanks, in atticipation

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY