Re: Europa-List: Ethanol Testing Kits

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Ethanol Testing Kits
From: William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 08:32:09

Alan,
There isn't much need to buy an expensive ethanol testing method.  Just put a
little
water in a clear container (with a top) up to a line on the container.
Add the fuel you want to check for ethanol and shake.  The alcohol will dissolve
into the water and will be shown by an increase in water above the previous
water line.   You can even determine the amount (percentage) of alcohol in the
fuel with a ratio calculation knowing how much fuel you added and how much the
volume of water was increased.
Bill