Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery Charging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Battery Charging
From: David Joyce <stranfaer@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:35:04

Alan
Take care with the little door method as this will probably need to go through
theLAA as a mod!

Rgds
David Joyce
The other one

Sent from the iPad of David Joyce
www.eastmidsspas.com

On 4 Dec 2012, at 22:50, "Alan Carter" <alancarteresq@onetel.net> wrote:

> Hello ALL.
> Just to anybody interested, I have found you can get a socket that can be
> mounted
behind a little door cut into the side of the fuselage, this can be used
for Charging and External Starting.

> Another way told to me was to use the cigar lighter socket as an input in
> reverse,
but the socket would have to be wired directly to the battery, not via the
Master Switch.

> I have ended up purchasing a motor cycle external charging unit,
> consists of Two eye piece connection leads, one - and one + with built in
> fuse,
these eyelets go onto the battery terminals,
> A plastic moulded two pin connector with cover is at the other end wire, this
just pops out the floor in the rear of cockpit.
> I run a short removable connecting lead from this and let the other end dangle
out of the small air vent on the planes front Starboard  side.
> With the plane all done up in its cockpit covers, I can just plug my little
> maintenance
charger into the plug.