Europa-List: GPS ground plains

Subject: Europa-List: GPS ground plains
From: AirEupora <AirEupora@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:55:40

Allen Skanderup Nielsen asked about GPS ground plains.

I have two installed on my plane.  The Garmin 430W came with an 8 foot cable
that
is required for the antenna to work correctly.  I install this antenna just
behind the baggage bulkhead.  I created a 'U' shape bracket of fiberglass and
put a aluminum plate at the bottom.  I attached the  bracket and antenna to the
roof of the plane.  It is working nicely.

The other antenna was supplied by MGL with their EFIS.  This antenna has a
magnet
on it.  So I took a steel plate and again made a plate about one inch wider
than the antenna and used the 'U' shape fiberglass mount.  This is glued to the
top cockpit panel.  It also came with a long cable that is wrapped along the
back top of the panel.

Both antennas work well.  The Garmin requires you to tell it where the antenna
is located.  The MGL just works.

I looked for some pictures, but I guess I did take any.

Read this topic online here: