Europa-List: Oil in Turbo on 914

Subject: Europa-List: Oil in Turbo on 914
From: Brad Shafer <bshafer708@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:30:05

Looking for some advice. My 914 hasn't been run for about 18 months. Oil has
been collecting in the bottom of the turbo. I have the hose between the
turbo and intercooler disconnected and I can suck up oil with paper towels
in that opening. After about 2 months, the oil leaks back in. Any
suggestions on what could be causing this? And can I run the engine with the
turbo to intercooler to intake disconnected? I'm assuming it would just run
like a 912 but not sure. I would only do that for testing.
Thanks,
Brad

Europa XS with Rotax 914