Re: Europa-List: Contribution to matronics

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Contribution to matronics
From: Matt Dralle <dralle@matronics.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:03:23

Dear Richard et al,

One of the reasons I have chosen to run all of the Matronics servers locally is
so that I can have a much higher level of confidence in the security of the
overall
system as well as the security of the Contributions received.  You can
feel confident that your private card information is handled with the upmost in
confidentiality.  As Pete pointed out, PayPal is also another industry accepted
standard that is available for making a List Contribution.  Either method
is perfectly acceptable.

Over the years I have always tried to answer all email and questions that I have
received that were expecting a response.  I'm not sure why I haven't received
your direct messages in the past, Richard.  Perhaps the Barracuda Spam filter
was blocking them for some reason.  To that end, I have added an exception for
your email address specifically, Richard, so your email shouldn't be blocked
under any circumstances going forward.

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Matronics Email List Administrator

At 01:11 AM 11/28/2012 Wednesday, you wrote:

>I think the Europa site is very useful, and that Matt Dralle is working hard to
keep it up and runing.  I'd like to contribute, and pay by credit card.  But
having been subject to three mega-scams on my card in the last 7 years, one for
$50,000, I am very wary about making credit card payments online, except through
the large outlets, where there are safeguards in place.  It is all about
having one's details somewhere on line, where hackers can get in.

>Of course, I should be addressing this concern direct to Matt Dralle, but every
message I have sent to him these last 8 years or so (eg technical stuff about
receiving the list to an email address) has had zero response.  So probably
there would be zero response here.

>So, does anyone have any ideas about how secure is a credit card payment on the
listed site?

>Best to all from Kenya
>Richard
>Europa 5Y-LRY

Matt G Dralle | Matronics | 581 Jeannie Way | Livermore | CA | 94550
925-606-1001 V | 925-606-6281 F | dralle@matronics.com Email
http://www.matronics.com/ WWW | Featuring Products For Aircraft