Re: Europa-List: LG08 bushes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: LG08 bushes
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 20:25:02

The bushes are "oilite" which are impregnated with a lubricating oil (not sure
how they get the oil in) - if you need to heat the lg arms to sweat the old ones
out they will ooze oil from the inserts.

I doubt any other material would wear any less as the undercarriage takes a lot
of punishment.

Just make sure that you replace the top rubber block spacer plate facing exactly
the same way as you removed it - the block assembly can be removed without
dismantling
but can be rotated through 180 degrees. If you do this the undercarriage
wont retract fully and you will be faced with having to disassemble everything.

You only make the mistake once - we did !

Ideally you can suspend the fuselage using an engine hoist - rope through the
engine
mounting frame.

Its not a nice job but as David says can be done in a couple of hours.

Good luck,
Carl Pattinson
G-LABS.

Sent from my ASUS Pad

Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Our Mono has now done 477 hrs and 794 landings.
>
>To my dismay, I have just discovered that the bushes on the LG08 forks are
>quite
badly worn.

>Before ordering new bushes, I am wondering if anybody knows of a more durable
material from which these bushes could be manufactured.