Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab
From: phillik747 <helperpsp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 06:21:08

Alan,

My plane is still in the process of being built so I haven't the real-world
experience
with this fix.  If you look at the photo in the link it is showing the
flap tube on the port side of the aircraft. You will see this when you remove
the wings.  The next photo shows the flap adjustment screw.  By adding a shim
to the tube or the inside of the rear bulkhead of the lower baggage bay (the
part that comes in contact with the flap tube) you are forcing the port flap to
not retract all the way.  This would cause an increase in lift on the port side.
---From what I understand it doesn't take much since the flap is so large
compared
to the aileron.

Just my thoughts here, again no experience. The screw is probably a better
solution
for tuning the amount of deflection needed due to just adjusting the amount
the screw protrudes and rests on the flap tube verses adding shims.

If I were you, just taking ownership of a finished aircraft, Id follow Buds
instructions
---From step 1 (found on the link above).  Try to determine what is causing
the right yaw movement and see if there is a more efficient fix before creating
more drag the counter the other.

Kyle

--------
Kyle