Re: Europa-List: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fixed Aileron Trim Tab
From: bill <bill.sue@orcon.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:53:51
Alan,

What I did to correct the same problem was to put a stop in to keep the
port flap down sightly when fully retracted. Mine is a mono so a bit
different to the Tri gear to achieve. It certainly worked for me and had
not effect on performance.

For aileron trim to balance between one up and fully loaded I have a
small bungee cord from the lower part of the stick to the tunnel. I only
need this when one up as fully loaded my plane is balanced.

ZK CHV
Mono 914 Airmaster
1020hrs

And just for interest, yesterday I attended the first flight of a
DeHavilland Mosquito FB26 at Ardmore Airport in NZ.
This is the only flying Mosquito in the world and was built scratch from
the original plans in New Zealand.

Two Rolls Royce Merlins together makes a wonderful sound.

Sue and Bill Sisley
On 30/09/2012 12:04 p.m., Alan Carter wrote:

> Hello All.
> Europa 914 Tri gear, Speed 125 kts in level flight, to keep the ball in the
> centre
i have to hold on left rudder.
> The Rudder has a fixed Trim Tab which servo,s the rudder to the left ( same as
holding left rudder on)
> But to maintain the ball in the centre i have to hold on more left rudder on
and hold the stick to the right,
> If i look out at my left Aileron i can see its about the thickness of the tip
trailing edge down.
> So i need more lift on the left wing to maintain lateral level. ( How can i
> achieve
this ?)
> 1. If i put a fixed trim tab on the right aileron it will servo raise the
> aileron
and keep the wings level, but i will have constant adverse drag
> maybe only a very small amount, Also will a fixed aileron tab effect the mass
balance of the ailerons, ( its only 4EUR? x 1 1/2EUR? of very thin alloy plate)
> 2. If i fix a Tab to the left flap outer edge, could i generate sufficient
> extra
lift to compensate, so the ailerons remain in line (neutral).